Wednesday 24 October 2012

The online equivalent of a transit lounge?

While I fix comments for The Blog Of The Ancient Mariner I'm going to be using TBOTAM.blogspot.com

As my wife pointed out to me, a blog without comments is effectively a diary, and why would you want to put that online? Comments here should work, so I'll be posting here until I can be bothered to create a new template and migrate the old blog design across.

To be honest, one reason I stuck with the original layout for tertl.blogspot.com was that I liked the simplicity. My idea of an ideal church interior is one with plain walls, floor, ceiling, with just enough furnishing and fittings to gently direct the congregation toward a focal point so they know where who-ever will facilitate the meeting will be standing. Everything would be arranged to not impinge more than necessary on those using the space. So it was with that design - everything was simple and plain without getting in the way.

Hopefully this, and the next incarnation of TBOTAM, will be like that.

1 comment:

Play nice - anything I don't like will be deleted!