Friday 26 October 2012

Feeling better today

After a really rough day yesterday. Ibuprofen seem to help enable sleep, which isn't a bad thing, since it reduces the likelihood of waking due to aches and pains.

So.... another day in the lab.

Amongst other things, I was processing lots of wee samples yesterday. Nice.


An amusing story from last night. For the first time in ages we did live worship at Heyford Park chapel, which I led. Now I've just changed the layout on the pedal board in order to make things a bit neater and put the switches in places where they can be reached without switching other pedals at the same time (I'd often go for the delay & hit the tuner at the same time, neatly silencing everything).

So in my re-cabling I'd placed a pedal directly in front of the power supply switch. The mains cable on that power supply is fairly short, and I couldn't get the board as close to the mic stand as I wanted, so cue stretching a leg across to hit the trem pedal, only to push it forward and switch the whole board off. Not so bad because it was between songs, but when I tried to turn the supply back on there wasn't space, and I half-flipped the switch, resulting in a squeal that kept repeating and gradually fading as a capacitor in a pedal drained.

Took 3 goes and 3 fading squeals before I finally got it back on.

And it was right in the middle of a quiet, contemplative bit of worship.

It seems a little humility goes a long way, and once again my delusions of adequacy are a little flakey around the edges.

Very grateful For Jelli and Jack backing me up and carrying the singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - anything I don't like will be deleted!